Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mandingo Parties


http://a-dangerousmind.blogspot.com/2007/06/mandingo-parties.html

"MANDINGO" PARTIES


I don’t suppose there is any point in decrying the level to which our culture has succeeded in creating an environment where anything is for sale. Sex is for sale – any kind of sex. Want to see a degrading act with a prepubescent boy? It can be arranged in the right location for the right money. How about a little girl and a large dog? I think I know someone who distributes those on the East Coast. Want to see a woman gang-banged by 50 guys? That’s easy – there have to be 100 or more DVD’s out on that theme.

Death is for sale. I’m not sure how you go about finding a killer for hire, but they’re out there. I would only want one in the event I want to contract out for my own death – you know, suicide by contract killer? But I’m afraid they’d arrest me and put me in jail for conspiracy to kill myself. But if you want to watch someone else die, look up “snuff film” and then start sniffing out your local distributor.

Love is for sale. Or an approximation of love is for sale. In Palm Springs we have many couples who are together for pecuniary reasons, but they profess love. And sometimes they revive the act, like an old soft shoe, and for a moment you believe the play is still on the boards. And then there are the younger guys who fall in love with an older man, who can tutor them, guide them, take them on trips, and buy them expensive clothes, and cars with ragtops. In these relationships love is being bandied about, but it actually isn’t part of the negotiations. You might call these talks the “Booty access for time in Amsterdam” negotiations. If concluded successfully, they determine the monthly allowance and vacation time allowances for the boy. They also determine what parts of the year the boy will be at the primary residence in Palm Springs or at any other residence or traveling, at the discretion of the old man. Normally, the old man gets 9 or 10 months and the boy gets 2 or 3. The old man can always let him go an extra couple of weeks and be a special old guy if he’s feeling magnanimous (or tired), but he doesn’t have to.

Now within these not very dramatic illustrations we have only a few of the horror stories of love, sex, and death portrayed on TV and in the movies. I could start writing various gruesome plots that I remember and not stop for pages, but I wouldn’t really be telling you anything you don’t already know. Very few people living in America during the last quarter century could have missed the deluge of profanity, sex, death, violence, and degrading act followed by more degrading act, as the writers and producers of shows stretched ever farther to be the most outrageous in grossing us out. They didn’t limit the degradation to the ways in which they killed people, they constantly presented us with new ways in which people would sell themselves (or be sold by others) for bizarre sexual exploitation. Alright, I have to admit, I picked up an idea or two, but the world would have been just as safe if I’d been left to find those things on my own (and I would have).

The most astounding thing in TV is that CBS actually got fined for showing Janet Jackson’s breast for a millisecond and nothing that has been shown on a crime drama or horror show has ever been challenged as too gross for TV.

But I wanted to tell you about one variation on the sex for money plot that recently came to my attention and was so unnerving that I thought I would share it with you. The reason it astounded me is that the whole thing revolves around a racist stereotype, and everybody acknowledges that. And racism is the one thing that TV almost always stays away from (with a few notable exceptions on Law and Order). However, for sure no one has looked at a racist “plot” in this way before.

It’s also interesting to me because for fourteen years I had a Black partner, and I had dated other Black men before getting involved with him. I frequently had to answer the question, “Do you have a thing for Black guys?” Or it’s moral equivalent, “You don’t like white guys, huh?” Neither was true. I liked Black, white, brown, and other colors of guys. It just so happened that I was open to dating Black guys in an environment where there were Black guys who were interested in cross racial dating and not many white guys were. And there was the whole Castro Clone thing happening and I wasn’t a Clone and the Black guys weren’t into the Clones, so the Clones didn’t want me and I’m one of those guys who goes where he’s wanted. Hello Black guys. Hello Mandingo legend.

So, I’ve been acquainted with Mandingo for along time. And like any legend – gay men having style, lesbians being butch and ugly, straight people cling hopelessly to out of date hairstyles – there is an element of truth to it. That is, I’ve certainly slept with Black men who had cocks that were bigger than your average bear. But not everyone was. However I did have the truly odd experience one time of having sex with a Black man and then having him apologize that his cock was not of Mandingo like proportions. He had an entirely normal sized penis and the sex was quite good, but he felt that he was not representing his race well. This is a case of the Mandingo legend causing psychological problems for a poor man who feels inadequate because he doesn’t live up to a myth.

MANDINGO is an evening of consenting adults.

In this case, I’ll describe a gay MANDINGO event, but they happen in heterosexual groups also. Actually I’d say they probably happen more in heterosexual events.

In a Mandingo event, something between 10 and 15 white men will gather at a house provided by a host who has organized the party and will supervise it to make sure everything goes according to the rules. Each of the white men will have paid between $500 and $700 for the evening. The amount varies depending upon how many playmates show up.

Playmates for this event are African-American men. They are supposed to have larger than average cocks, since that is the myth of Mandingo, and what the white guys are looking for. Mandingo is the origin of the old “Once you’ve had Black you can never go back.”

Optimally, there would be one playmate for each guy, but it looks like its going to be 8 playmates for 12 guys. That should work out alright. Start time is 8 p.m. and they have until 4:00 a.m. to play.

Most of the white guys want the Black guys to dominate them sexually, mostly by being the dominate partner in anal intercourse. Sometimes a white guy will be into something like water sports and he’ll want a guy to piss on him. It’s not a thing that Black guys tend to be into much, but they’ll do it in a commercial situation.

Anyway, this one is regular – twice a month. There are some others that float around and post on the internet.

The heterosexual parties are more controversial since it is white women paying Black men to have sex with them and debase them. That’s one of the white man’s biggest bugaboos – his woman would find out what sex with a Black man was like and would reject him ever after. Of course that is another aspect of the Mandingo legend; the almost miraculous potency of his seed, and the way that having been made love to by him spoils a woman for being held by anyone else.

Now, I think it must be made clear that it is still racist and inappropriate to desire a Black man because of some presumed sexual prowess related to his race unless you have first paid him to let you treat him that way. It’s really just another form of prostitution organized as a house party.

Who was it sang “Come on’a my house…” OH! Rosemary Clooney.

Note: Reverse Mandingo

I’ve seen advertised on the net a party for Black men, who pay several hundred dollars each for food, drinks, and one young, white (20’s), in shape, good looking, bottom, upstairs in a room for eight hours. The guy in the room is theirs for any reasonable sex. He can take two thirty minute breaks during the eight hours. Otherwise, he belongs to the guys. The guy in the room isn’t paid – he’s a volunteer. They do this once a month and apparently have no problem getting volunteers.

Bon appetite

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, great post. Check out my website: www.interrachel.com if you like, maybe join the forum!

    ReplyDelete